Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Today is a cantonal (provincial) holiday in Solothurn, so have the time to write a quick update. What am I saying? I always have the time, but today I can be bothered. As many holidays are, today’s holiday was inspired by Catholicism. Canton Solothurn is officially Catholic so we celebrate it, however the neighbouring town Murgenthal (walking distance) is across the border and part of the neighbouring canton which is not Catholic, so they get to work today. That’ll teach ‘em.

In other news, I went to the Street Parade in Zurich in the weekend just gone. It was definitely an eye-opener. I am now determined to find some alternative webspace to load pictures, as I feel that some things simply cannot be explained in words. I didn’t stay very long though, and was home by 8pm. I think I can pretty accurately imagine what it would be like with 800,000 ravers in the rain after dark, and didn’t feel so compelled to experience it.
[ed. 22/09/2006: There are photos and video feeds available from the official Street Parade 2006 website. I may also at some stage add a selection of the photos I took.]


I’ve started back at the MigrosSchule learning German now that the summer holidays are over. There are some new faces, and a few less old ones.

Good news on the roleplaying front… I’ve got a American contact in Lucern who’s apparently experienced. See what happens.
[ed. 18/09/2006: I received this automated email from www.meetup.com which I found humorous enough to warrant sharing. See if you can spot the flaw in their mail program...]


Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 4:28 PM
Subject: You're signed up for Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Alerts!
> As soon as someone starts holding Dungeons & Dragons Meetups
> near you we'll alert you through email.
>
> Don't want to wait for someone else to start holding Meetups?
> Start a Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group yourself! It's fun,
> affordable and satisfying -- and the 0 other D&D Players nearby
> would probably love to join the group. Click the link below to
> start now:
> http://dnd.meetup.com/create/?ic=en13
>
> Not interested? Meetup's not just for Dungeons & Dragons. Check
> out the other Meetups in and around Bern:
> http://www.meetup.com/cities/ch/bern/
>
> All the best,
>
> The team at Meetup.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo!

Ich bin Philipp Oeggerli. Der Bassist von Strawberry JAM.

Vielen Dank für deinen Eintrag in unserem Guestbook und den Link auf deiner
Blogseite! Das hat uns sehr gefreut!

Am 14. Oktober um 22.00 Uhr haben wir ein nächstes Konzert im Musig Chäller
Olten. Vielleicht schaust du ja vorbei?

Gute Zeit!

Philipp

Marco said...

Translation of previous comment:
Hi,

I'm Philipp Oeggerli. The bassist from Strawberry Jam. (I figure you're all with me so far)

Many thanks for writing in our guestbook, and for the link from your blog site. We're very happy.

On the 14th of October at 10pm we're having our next gig at the Musig Chäller in Olten. Perhaps you want to come?

Have a good time,

Philipp

Answer to previous comment / Antwort:
We will be there. / Wir werde da sein.