Sunday, January 21, 2007

A quick post with some pics I meant to upload in the last post, but never did.

Skiing in Belalp
View from BelalpWent skiing between Christmas and New Year's day with Emil and Claudia. It was the first decent stretch of time off I'd had, so I was pretty keen to go and get my first taste of the Swiss slopes. However, I had a few problems. First, there was bugger all snow. Emil & Claudia40cm, which was enough to keep the main runs open, but the quality was crap, there were stones everywhere, you couldn't deviate from the main runs, and the entire upper ski area was closed. Secondly, I went and bought boots that were too small for me. Is that the cutest villa you've ever seen?I know - it takes a special kind of idiot to do something like that and I don't expect any sympathy, but I swear to you they were fine in the shop. I brought them home and wore them for an hour, and I think they must have shrunk in the car. I don't know. Luckily it was no problem to bring them back afterwards, and I ended up hiring. Finally, and worst of all, I came down with the flu. It wasn't one of those nandy pandy flus either - this one really kicked the crap out of me. Press Pause...The first day I managed three runs before I returned to the hotel and remained bedridden until evening. I forced myself to eat a fantastic four-course meal that I couldn't taste, and went back to bed. However the next day, after 24hours sleep I was feeling better. All told however it was a pretty good holiday.


Sonja's Hippy-theme Birthday Party
The InvitationSonja is Emil's partner, and unofficially my step auntie. Her 50th birthday was right on December 31st, so we talked her into throwing a hippy theme party. We had plenty of time to prepare, and prepare we did. There was a hall, catering, decorations, a live musician, fireworks, crazy outfits, and a general abundance of flower power. I acquired a prefab hippy costume, added rose tinted glasses, a wig, sandals and a guitar, and perfected the über-hippy. The glasses started pinching on my nose, and Luca (Roger & Sandra's 3-year-old, bless him) insisted on strumming my guitar, so the only photo with me in it is sans accessories.


Servin' it up

Who ya gonna listen to?

Jannick does an Old Classmate routine



Lets Have a Beer
These are some cellphone-photos from a night out with the lads from work. We're at O'Malleys Irish Pub (I believe) in Zurich (could be wrong though), and Woidl found this skeletal zombie sitting downstairs by the payphone in the pub. He took the zombie's head without much of a fight (zombies have low HD) and brought it upstairs, and thus began the routine. The full picture series can be found at http://picasaweb.google.de/bela.grossmann/LetSHaveABeer but I've imported the best pics for your convenience.







Can you guess who's the guy in the mask?

No comments: